Dentist in Aurora, IL
Although you already understand that brushing and flossing at home are important in maintaining optimal oral health, seeing Smiles of Aurora for regular oral exams and routine cleanings by one of our dentists are even more important. It is recommended by the ADA that everyone visit their dentist at least twice per year to ensure optimal oral health.
To prevent gum disease and tooth decay, your professional team at Smiles of Aurora utilizes advanced technology to clean your teeth and gums more thoroughly than you are generally able to do at home.
Routine teeth cleanings help remove harmful build-up of plaque and stains that may prevent a healthy smile. During cleanings we will:
• remove tartar build-up on your teeth
• remove plaque
• perform teeth polishing to help remove light surface stains in order to whiten your smile and prevent plaque from easily reattaching to your teeth
Our team will detect and help clean surfaces of your teeth that you may have missed during brushing and flossing.
During your appointment, we will also:
• evaluate your overall health and oral hygiene
• check your bite and jaw for any irregularities
• evaluate your risk of tooth decay and gum or bone disease
• evaluate existing tooth restorations
• take dental x-rays if necessary
• perform oral cancer screening*
After reading the above reasons for scheduling and receiving regular professional dental cleanings and exams, you now understand why it is essential for attaining a healthy mouth, teeth, gums and a beautiful smile.
*Our comprehensive oral exams include oral cancer screenings because early diagnosis and treatment of oral cancer are critical aspects to raising the chances of survival.
Contact our Aurora dentist to request an appointment for a dental exam and cleaning.